Thursday 9 October 2014

Autumn lips, eyes & nails


Guys, no one understands my excitement for the cold weather, i live for hot drinks, orange leaves and woolly jumpers!! Gaaaaaah! Now with Autumn quickly creeping up on us, i decided to have a rummage through my makeup collection and put away the bright summer shades and replace them with berry tones and daring eye shades. 



When it comes to lips i'm not afraid to try dark tones, the darker the better i say! Well, maybe not black.. So i picked out my top three darkish berry tones. First of all is my all time fave (and a halloween must) MAC Rebel (£15.50), this lipstick has a very bold purple tone, steering away from the normal reddy tones. Next up is a shade i have been wearing non-stop this past week and it's from Collection's 'Gothic glam' range, i purchased this last year but i found a similar one here and it is SUPER cheap at £2.99. Now me and Benefit's Benetint have had a love hate relationship since i first bought it, i've never been sure about the texture or the smell (i know weird) but one thing i do love is the sheer colour it leave on your lips- and that you can build it up as much as you like! *definitely one for those who aren't very brave with lip colour*.




I don't even know where to start when it comes to eye shadows. I have this really bad habit of finding certain shades/palettes that i love and sticking to them for a good 4 month! So when i got given the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette as a birthday present, i knew my other palettes would be neglected. I think rose gold shades go perfectly with berry lips, it just makes the whole makeup look a lot warmer and autumnal! To go along side my naked palette i have a Seventeen shadow pot, i found something similar here (£3.99) as they have been discontinued. And last but not least, is my trusty collection extreme 24h felt tip liner (£2.99) because no eyeshadow look is finished without a bit of eyeliner and this is just the best!!


I cannot leave the house without my nails being painted so when it comes to nail polish, i need ones that will last! An old favourite of mine will always be Barry M nail paint (£2.99) in the shade 365/raspberry, i'm not a fan of pillar box red colours so this warmer shade is perfect for me! I was so upset when Maxfactor stopped selling their Glossfinity nail varnish in the shade ruby fruits, but guess what, THEY BROUGHT IT BACK (wooooo) it's such a beautiful dark berry shade and it's stays super shiny on your nails for days! Last but not least is Essie nail colour (£9.98) in the shade orange, is obvious! Now i know this isn't exactly an autumnal berry colour, but it is super halloweeny and you could do little pumpkin nail art or something!!

What are you favourite lips, eyes & nails tones for autumn?

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment